A WORD FROM PASTOR JIMMY
Dear Bridge Church Family,
What a year we have experienced together! In many ways 2021 was a year of recovery and re-engagement from the trauma of COVID-19. While we are still experiencing the wake of an unprecedented global pandemic, we as a church family are forging ahead and engaging our mission to build bridges of life and hope where we live, work, and play.
Even though 2021 wasn’t the year any of us really hoped for, there were some great things that came from it. It showed all of us we could slow down a little more. We learned we don’t have to constantly be on the go and busy all the time. We spent more time together as families – walking and riding bikes, playing games, and spending quality time with one another.
While many churches and non-profit organizations suffered from decreased giving in the wake of rising inflation, political upheaval, racial tension, and an unprecedented “snowpocolypse” that caused our Texas power grid to fail, we as a church actually increased our giving and literally came back to church to gather for worship, fellowship, and the preaching of God’s word.
We grew in our dependence on God, on one another, and even learned more about our own resilience in the face of tragedy and change. I’m excited about the future of Bridge Church, and I can’t wait to see all that God is going to do in and through us as we move forward together!
Much Love and More Grace,
Every Number Has a Name
- Average Weekly Attendance
- New Members Added
- Over 100 since Sept of 2019
- Connect Groups
- 2 New Equip Classes with Bill Loveless and Tommy Hayes
- God has blessed us with gifted and passionate Bible teachers and we have collaborated to design a discipleship path for The Bridge. Exciting days are ahead with these amazing teachers.
- Tommy’s Equip Class Retreat
- 20 attended a weekend of experiencing the truth that sets us free in Jesus.
- Youth Average Attendance
- We recently added Ps Brian Hailey (students and production) and his wife, Leslie (children) to our staff. BCF is blessed to have a husband and wife team of their caliber and experience.
- Youth Camp Fundraiser
- Over $13,000 raised.
- This offering was raised in one service and one fundraiser. It’s a testimony of the heart of our church family for the next generation.
- Bridge Kids Weekly Average Attendance
- Bridge Kids Advent Event
- This was a hands-on event, hosted by our Children’s Director, Lori McClellan, designed to teach our children about the beauty of Jesus’ birth and the Biblical Christmas Story.
Every Name Has a Destiny
- Women’s Conference
- Over 150 attended
- This was a powerful event that featured best-selling author Rebecca Alonzo (The Devil in the 7th Pew).
- The conference highlighted 5 local non-profit organizations with each of the directors sharing about the services they offer and raising awareness of what is available for the betterment of our community.
- Our Loving Hands Sewing Ministry provided various goods and raised funds for a local family with serious medical needs.
- Prickly Pear Spa offered hand massages to all conference attendees.
- 2 Worship/Prayer Nights
- God graciously reveals himself in fresh and powerful ways when we gather with the express purpose to praise, celebrate, and worship Him.
- We hosted 3 Men’s Breakfast Fellowships throughout the year.
- These gatherings of 50 plus men at each event reveal the heart of God for men and fathers. They enjoyed great food, Christ-centered fellowship, and a word of encouragement from our pastors.
- Mini Food Pantry and Mini Library
- We were able to bless and assist our community with free food and many wonderful books through our two kiosks that are available 24/7 to the public.
- YouTube Subscribers
- 272 represents 25% of our total viewing audience.
- Our digital footprint has continued to grow and expand over this past year in miraculous ways. The pandemic created an opportunity to grow and expand our reach to those who were beyond our local church.
- YouTube Views
- over 6,700
- Total YouTube hours viewed
- over 3,000
- Facebook Page Visits
- Facebook Reach
- Instagram Reach
- Instagram Page Visits
Every Destiny Matters to God
- Offerings Received
- Over $1,280,000.
- God has been gracious toward his people and through his people to see that his mission of building bridges of life and hope continues uninterrupted and unhindered by the circumstances of our culture.
- Missions Giving
- We were blessed to partner with and support many ministries, missions, and organizations in advancing the Gospel in unique and astonishing ways.
- End of Year Offering
- This offering was applied directly to our building deficit.
- Building Loan Balance
- Afghanistan Mission
- This offering was raised on one Sunday in the wake of American citizens left behind in Afghanistan. We were able to partner with an organization that was hands-on in rescue and extrication efforts in Afghanistan.
- New Worship Center Stage
- For over 10 years our church led worship on a temporary portable stage. It was time to upgrade to a permanent platform and raise the stage height by a foot for better sight lines and communication.
- New Video Screen
- We are committed to the clear communication of the Gospel of the Kingdom. We will use and leverage the newest technology and tools in order to clearly proclaim the Good News that changes lives.
- Building Upgrades
- We are committed to ongoing improvements to our building in as much as they facilitate the teaching, communication, and proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus.